WELCOME TO THE NVIDIA GRAPHICS PROCESSING UNITS CLASS ACTION WEBSITE
This website is for all persons in Canada who between November 2005 and February 2010 purchased certain laptop computers made by Apple, Compaq, Dell, HP, or Sony that contain a defective graphics card made by NVIDIA.
A settlement has been approved by the court in the NVIDIA Graphics Processing Units Class Action with NVIDIA (the "Settlement Agreement"). Under the Settlement Agreement, NVIDIA will pay CAD$1,900,000.00 for the benefit of the Settlement Class in exchange for a full release of claims against it in the NVIDIA Graphics Processing Units Class Action.
The settlement offers cash compensation for people who between November 2005 and February 2010 purchased certain laptop computers made by Apple, Compaq, Dell, HP, or Sony and containing a defective graphics card made by NVIDIA.
The Settlement Agreement provides partial cash reimbursement of the purchase price.
The deadline to submit a claim has been extended to May 30, 2014 as it is in the interest of all those with an Affected Computer to have additional time to submit a claim.
In order to qualify for compensation, you must have purchased an “Affected Computer”.
An Affected Computer is one that contains the defective NVIDIA chip and suffered one of the following “Qualifying Symptoms”:
- distorted or scrambled video;
- no video on the screen even when the computer is on;
- random characters, lines or garbled images;
- intermittent video issues; or
- failure to detect wireless adaptor or wireless networks.
Time left to submit a claim for this class action
Deadline has now passed.
The amount of compensation will be determined by the Claims Administrator who will apply a compensation grid and settlement administration guidelines.
Cash compensation will also be provided for total loss of use based on the age of the computer; temporary loss of use having regard to the nature and duration of the loss of use; and reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses caused by Qualifying Symptoms to an Affected Computer.
Cash compensation will be awarded on receipt of:
- proof of purchase of one or more Affected Computers by identifying the brand and model (e.g. an invoice, a product registration document, a credit card receipt or similar documents);
- proof of the date of purchase of an Affected Computer;
- a description of the Qualifying Symptoms experienced (e.g. distorted, scrambled or no video capability) and when they were experienced;
- a brief explanation of whether there was a loss of use of the computer permanently as a result of the Qualifying symptoms or temporarily until there was a repair; and,
- proof of any out of pocket expenses paid for in connection with the Qualifying Symptoms experienced with the Affected Computer (e.g. repair bills, external memory drives, cooling pads, computer rental, shipping costs).